DOEHRING, WINDERS & CO. LLP
Certified Public Accountants
 
 

History     Awards & Recognition     Meet Our Team  

Home

 

About Us

 

Meet Our Team

 

Services

 

Industries

 

News

 

Careers

 

Links

 

Contact Us

 

The History of Doehring, Winders & Co. LLP

- A Timeline of Significant Events -

 

scan0001

 

Pictured from left to right are the Murphey, Jenne & Jones partners (c. 1975):  Bill Wiessing, Vince Cooling, Dennis Mahorney, Jack Thornburg, Derald Doehring, John Stengel, Bob Jenne, Lou Ribordy, Ralph Stevenson, Dick Lansden, Jim Williams, Jerry McNamara, and John Lawrence

 

 

1922

Robert J. Murphey opened his accounting office in Decatur, IL.

 

1929

David Jones moved to Mattoon, IL to open the Mattoon office.

 

1931

Mattoon office is closed and David Jones returns to Decatur.

 

1955

Louis F. Ribordy moved to Mattoon to open Mattoon office for Murphey and Nash and Jones.  Office is located at 1709 Broadway Avenue.

 

1959

Derald C. Doehring joined the Decatur office of Murphey, Turnbull and Jones.

 

1960

D.C. Doehring transferred to Mattoon office.

 

1961

Firm changed name to Murphey, Jenne & Jones.

 

1962

Michael T. Weber joined the Mattoon office.

 

1963

D. C. Doehring moved to Effingham, IL to open the Effingham office.

 

1964

L.F. Ribordy transferred to Decatur; D.C. Doehring transferred back to Mattoon to manage Mattoon office.

 

1967

D.C. Doehring admitted to partnership of Murphey, Jenne & Jones.

 

1968

Charles D. Winders joined Mattoon office.  Mattoon office was relocated to 1632 Broadway Avenue.

 

1977

C.D. Winders admitted to partnership.

 

1982

Mattoon office relocated to its current location at 1601 Lafayette Avenue.

 

1983

Murphey, Jenne & Jones merged into KMG Main Hurdman.

 

1984

Larry D. Nichols joined Mattoon office of KMG Main Hurdman.

 

1985

Steven M. Wente and Robert E. Arnholt joined the Mattoon office of KMG Main Hurdman.

 

1987

D.C. Doehring and C.D. Winders purchased the Mattoon office of KMG Hurdman and formed Doehring & Winders.

 

1989

Decatur practice of Thomas W. Hill was merged into the firm and Doehring, Winders & Hill was formed.  Offices were located in Mattoon and Decatur.

 

1991

S.M. Wente admitted to partnership and M.T. Weber promoted to Principal.

 

1992

T.W. Hill withdrew from partnership; Paul A. McCann admitted to partnership and assumed management of the Decatur office. Firm changed its name to Doehring, Winders & Co.

 

1997

Jeffery M. Spracklen joined Doehring, Winders & Co. LLP

 

1998

P.A. McCann withdrew from partnership; Decatur office was closed.

 

2000

R.E. Arnholt admitted to partnership and L.D. Nichols promoted to Principal.

 

2003

M.T. Weber retired.

 

2005

 

2006

Doehring, Winders & Co. LLP celebrates 50 years in Mattoon!

 

Matthew D. Cekander joined Doehring, Winders & Co. LLP

 

2008

 

2012

 

2014

 

2016

J.M. Spracklen admitted to partnership.

 

Effingham office opens, located at 405 S. Banker Street.

 

M. D. Cekander admitted to partnership.

 

Hanks & Willenborg, a local Effingham CPA firm established in 1983, along with its two partners Paul V. Willenborg, CPA, and Eric J. Hanks, CPA, merges with Doehring, Winders & Co. LLP.